2 I lifted up mine eyes again, and looked, and behold a man with a measuring line* in his hand.
- (3rd vision – * H4060 מִדָּה middah (mid-daw’) n-f. a measure (including its standard). Think along the lines of … does this measure up to the standard. YHVH has established the standard for human behavior and worship. Are we meeting this standard?)
2 Then said I, Whither goest thou? And he said unto me, To measure (inspect) Jerusalem, to see what is the breadth thereof, and what is the length thereof.
- Revelation 21:15-17 “And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof. And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal. And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.
- The presence of idiomatic language here will confuse many. The 144,000 is represented here. For more on this see the following blog posts…
3 And, behold, the angel that talked with me went forth, and another angel went out to meet him,
4 And said unto him, Run, speak to this young man, saying, Jerusalem shall be inhabited as towns without walls (without having to, being told to conform to the world) for the multitude of men and cattle therein:
5 For I, saith the Lord, will be unto her a wall of fire round about, and will be the glory in the midst of her. (describes the Millennial Kingdom)
6 Ho*, ho, come forth, and flee from the land of the north, saith the Lord: for I have spread you abroad as the four winds of the heaven, saith the Lord.
* H1945 הוֹי howy (hoh’ee) inj. ah, alas, ho, O, woe.
7 Deliver thyself, O Zion*, that dwellest (settle down/marry) with the daughter (inhabitants) of Babylon. (polytheism/pagans)
Interesting here that this calls out to the leadership. Daughters/women are always depicted as the “church” or religions.
* H6726 צִיוֹן Tsiyown (tsee-yone’) n/l. 1. (meaning) a monumental or guiding pillar. 2. (location) Tsiyon (Tsion, Sion, Zion, Tzion) (as a permanent capital), a mountain of Jerusalem. Recall earlier we talked about mountains being an idiom for leadership. Now, as it was then, we have to leave [spiritual/religious] Babylon and her teachings.
8 For thus saith the Lord of hosts; After the glory hath he sent me unto the nations which spoiled you: (plunder) for he that toucheth* you toucheth the apple of his eye.
- H5060 נָגַע naga` (naw-gah’) v. (violently) to strike a blow (i.e. punish, defeat, destroy, etc.) Idiom ‘apple of my eye’ a combination of 2 words
- H5869 עַיִן `ayin (ah’-yin) n-e. (by analogy) a fountain (as the eye of the landscape) H892 בָּבָה babah (baw-ɓaw’) n-f. something hollowed (as a gate).
- This has me curious as to the duality of meaning.
- Proverbs 7:2 “Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye.” John 10:9 “I am the gate; if someone enters through me, he will be safe and will go in and out and find pasture.”
9 For, behold, I will shake (to make unsettled) mine hand (power/authority) upon them, and they shall be a spoil (prey/victim) to their servants (transgressions): and ye shall know that the Lord of hosts hath sent me.
10 Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion: for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith the Lord.
John 1:14 “And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.”
11 And many nations shall be joined to the Lord in that day, and shall be my people: and I will dwell in the midst of thee, and thou shalt know that the Lord of hosts hath sent me unto thee.
12 And the Lord shall inherit Judah his portion in the holy land, and shall choose Jerusalem again.
13 Be silent, O all flesh, before the Lord: for he is raised up out of his holy habitation.
The word of God is life
LikeLiked by 1 person
Not sure the dwelling in Jerusalem is fulfilled until the Kingdom Age.
LikeLiked by 1 person