3 And he shewed me Joshua (Yahweh-saved) the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him. (4th vision)
- There is a duality here that needs examined. This is most likely in the literal… he could see Satan and the worldly system standing opposition to the instructions being given to the people. Likewise, at the final judgement, Satan will stand in opposition to the people detailing their every failure. [2 Thessalonians 2:4 “Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.”]
2 And the Lord said unto Satan, The Lord rebuke thee, O Satan; even the Lord that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?
- God has chosen Jerusalem as the place to put his people, both in the time of Joshua and in the Millennial Kingdom. Matthew 13:29-30 “But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.”
3 Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments* and stood before the angel.
- *This is a conceptual statement (idiom), it combines two or more words…
- H3847 לָבַשׁ labash (law-ɓash’) v. to wrap around, envelope, wear.
- H6674 צוֹא tsow’ (tso) adj. to soil or stain, leaving a mark.
- H899 בֶּגֶד beged (behg’-ed) n-m. a covering. This is mankind having been born human in a cursed world.
4 And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, (salvation) and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.
- Revelation 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
5 And I said, Let them set a fair mitre* upon his head. So they set a fair mitre upon his head, and clothed him with garments. And the angel of the Lord stood by.
- *H6797 צָנִיף tsaniyph (tsaw-neef’) n-m. a headdress, diadem or crown. This is the head dress of the High Priest.
6 And the angel of the Lord protested (repeat/testify) unto Joshua, saying,
7 Thus saith the Lord of hosts; If thou wilt walk in my ways, and if thou wilt keep my charge, THEN thou shalt also judge my house, and shalt also keep my courts*, and I will give thee places to walk among these that stand by.
- John 14:2-3 In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
- The use of this word here is very interesting as it refers, and is rooted in the idea, to the blasting of a trumpet. This would signify the trumpet blast for Shabbat and the Feasts of God.
8 Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, thou, and thy fellows that sit before thee: for they are men wondered at: for, behold, I will bring forth my servant the Branch.
Isaiah 11:1,10 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.
9 For behold the stone* that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone shall be seven eyes: behold, I will engrave the graving thereof, saith the Lord of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.
- This is the crucifixion of Yeshua.
- Isaiah 28:16 “Therefore thus saith the Lord God, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.”
- 1 Corinthians 1:23 “But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumbling block, and unto the Greeks foolishness;”
- Acts 4:11 “This Jesus is the stone that was rejected by you, the builders, which has become the cornerstone.”
- Luke 20:17 “But he looked directly at them and said, “What then is this that is written: “‘The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone’?“
10 In that day, saith the Lord of hosts, shall ye call every man his neighbour under the vine and under the fig tree.