Isaiah 33:22 “For the Lord is our judge, the Lord is our lawgiver, the Lord is our king; he will save us.”
Hebrews1:8 But unto the Son [Yeshua] he saith, Thy throne, O God [YHVH] , is forever and ever: a scepter (rod or staff designating royalty) of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
Paul is quoting Psalm 45:6 as a fulfilment of prophecy displayed in the life of Yeshua. I fully believe that the years spent in “Arabia” by Paul were filled with study and examination of the Torah. Not like a kid cramming for a test, this was a Pharisee deconstructing a belief system he had spent an entire lifetime memorizing. Paul was systematically matching every word and every action of Yeshua to the Torah. Both for personal application and the fulfillment of prophesy.
Hebrews 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity (violation of the law); therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed (set apart) thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows. (partakers, sharers)
- Romans 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
- Titus 2:11 “For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men [Yeshua], Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ”
Hebrews 1:10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
I would like for you to see the depth and importance of creation to YHVH. This interaction with Job is priceless…..
- Job 38:1-13 “Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind,(manifestation of His Spirit) and said, Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge? Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me. Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding. Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it? Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof; When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy? Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb? When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddlingband for it, And brake up for it my decreed place, and set bars and doors, And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed? Hast thou commanded the morning since thy days; and caused the dayspring to know his place; That it might take hold of the ends of the earth, that the wicked might be shaken out of it?”
Paul is relentless in his affirmation of Yeshua as the tangible expression of YHVH. Paul isnt the only one that brings this evidence to light in their writing. John’s gospel is generously drenched in details to the Yeshua-is-YHVH discussion…
- John 8:12 “Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.”
Remember from our previous study. The essence of all life, all creation and our salvation is found in the tangible visage of the Spirit of YHVH. This is Yeshua. People unable or unwilling to recognize this fact will always struggle with other Biblical exegesis. Jesus get immediate rebuke of this philosophy.
- John 8:13-14 “The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true. Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.“
This is the exact same conversation Yeshua has with Nicodemus, the Chief of the Pharisees, about His identity. Nicodemus would have been the one that the entire religious community looked towards for the coming of Messiah. Nicodemus had all of the prophecies memorized. And yet, he wasn’t getting the clues.
- John 3:3-10 “Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother’s womb, and be born? Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit. Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be? Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?”
The Pharisees, like many people in the world today, and even some within the “church”, do not believe that Yeshua is the tangible image of the Creator YHVH. There is a blindness that lives within their “religious” habits keeping them from seeing the truth of the Scripture…. even when it was physically present in their lives. Look at Yeshuas exchange with the religious ‘know-it-alls’ … continuing in Chapter 8 of John…
- John 8:39 “They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. [claiming to be the seed of promise or YHVH’s “people”] Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham’s children, ye would do the works of Abraham. But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham. Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God. Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.“
- Genesis 26:5 “Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.”
Verse 47 should scare the daylights out of humanity…. “He that is of God heareth God’s words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.”
So much of Protestantism, nearly all of its provocateur’s, not matter their “label”, states that the “law” has been abolished. This includes most, if not all, of Catholicism, Orthodoxy, and Pentecostalism. Yeshua dispels any attempt to nullify the eternal existence of “The Word”/Torah in verse 58…
“Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.“
Oh those 2 little words…. such power! It is an amazing thing that YHVH can sum up his entire existence in 3 little letter…. just 3. We are going to look at it in the Greek… lots of letters but the meaning is what we are after…
G1473 ἐγώ ego (e-ğō’) p:p. (emphatically, of the first person) I.
G1510 εἰμί eimi (ei-miy’) v. I am (i.e. I exist).
In Exodus 3:14 YHVH obliged Moses with the “IAM the IAM” has sent him. A name that denoted God’s characteristics, and that name was: “ehyeh asher ehyeh.” [to bring into existence all that exists]
In the Greek translation of the ‘Old Testament’ this scripture is translated “ego eimi, eog eimi”. Yeshua is making an emphatic statement that He IS God.
Proverbs 25:2 “It is the glory of God to conceal a thing:
but the honor of kings is to search out a matter.”
I will leave you with this for now. The testimony of Thomas form John’s gospel….
John 20:27-28 “Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. And Thomas answered and said unto him (Yeshua), My Lord  and my God .”
- G2962 κύριος kurios (kï ’-riy-os) n. Adonai, The Lord God of Israel
- G2316 θεός theos (the-os’) n. God, the Supreme Being, the Creator