Tonight, for probably the 400th time, I sat and listened to Daniel chapter 2 explained. I have heard every televangelist and radio sermon I could find (or stomach) on the image, and the imagry, of Daniel. The standard empire building from Babylon to Medo-Persia to Greece to Rome analogy… time and time again. No difference is made when it comes to the Methodist, Baptist or whatever protestant denomination has presented the material, they all concur.
What if it had a deep spiritual meaning too??
Look at verses 27&28 closely….
Daniel 2:27-28 “Daniel answered in the presence of the king, and said, The secret which the king hath demanded cannot the wise men, the astrologers, the magicians, the soothsayers, shew unto the king; But there is a God in heaven that revealeth secrets, and maketh known to the king Nebuchadnezzar what shall be in the latter days. Thy dream, and the visions of thy head upon thy bed, are these;”
What if the head of Gold really represented YHVH and His Plan for mankind?
- Revelation 3:18 “I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.”
- 1 Peter 1:7 “That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:”
- Zechariah 13:9 “And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God.”
This would bring us to the arms (plural) of silver. The lesser metal and divided. What did Satan do? He made mankind question YHVH and thereby put two choices at hand. (pun intended) The choice between the Tree of Life or the Tree of Good & Evil.
- Genesis 3:1,5 “Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.”
The Thighs of bronze are an incredible piece of imagry. First there is the concept of the body at its core, then the reproductive parts are there, and finally, the garment is one layered and having multiple sections.
Satan has established his dominion through a vast network of religious segregations to the same polytheistic pagan worship that inhabited the Tower of Bab-El. The core of Satans tactics are to move people away from the worship of YHVH as he replicates and refines that through the passage of time.
The Romans renamed every god of the Greeks so they too could worship them. This replication and refining is why we find “towers” or pyramidal temples all over the world.
- Deuteronomy 7:1-10 “When the Lord thy God shall bring thee into the land whither thou goest to possess it, and hath cast out many nations before thee, the Hittites, and the Girgashites, and the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites, seven nations greater and mightier than thou; And when the Lord thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them: Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son. For they will turn away thy son from following me, that they may serve other gods: so will the anger of the Lord be kindled against you, and destroy thee suddenly. But thus shall ye deal with them; ye shall destroy their altars, and break down their images, and cut down their groves, and burn their graven images with fire. For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth. The Lord did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people: But because the Lord loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the Lord brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt. Know therefore that the Lord thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations; And repayeth them that hate him to their face, to destroy them: he will not be slack to him that hateth him, he will repay him to his face.”
- Deuteronomy 6:13-15 “Thou shalt fear the Lord thy God, and serve him, and shalt swear by his name. Ye shall not go after other gods, of the gods of the people which are round about you; (For the Lord thy God is a jealous God among you) lest the anger of the Lord thy God be kindled against thee, and destroy thee from off the face of the earth.”
Next are the legs of Iron: Since Rome had gathered all the pagan beliefs of the lands they had conquered into their own temples, it was time to bring in the hardware. WAR! Rome ruthlessly reconquered the same lands, only this time, in the name of Iesus, or Jesus. They reinvented the god Pan and brought the teaching of Mithras, Osiris and a whole host of “saints” with them. The iron tempered these pagan rituals into the Catholic and ultimately the Protestant faiths. While each have a leg to stand on, (again pun intended) they both are rooted in the Bronze thighs of polytheism.
WAIT… before you get offended Mr./Ms. Protestant …. what was Luther’s protest? ..what is your protest? Luther protested indulgences: get out of hell cards…. and they weren’t free. The was a sliding scale of cash options. I too would protest this. The other protest was the role of the Pope, again, I too doth protest. After all of that bickering and protesting both camps celebrate identical calendars. These calendars include everything except the seven feasts ordained as forever feasts of YHVH. Notice I did NOT say Jewish feasts.
Now we have the feet of iron and mirey clay. This is where the infiltration of the part pagan and part Biblical religion have become so intertwined with the faithful of God that it connot be undone. Satan has infiltrated every version of religion and taken people to the wide path.
- Genesis 2:7 “And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.”
- Genesis 3:19″In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.”
- Ecclesiastes 12:7 “Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.”
Paul counsels us in 1 Corinthians 11:3 “But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.” And this is where He wants to be with us, our head, our loving leader. Mankind has to make the choice to come out of the Babylonian system (iron & clay) and return to our spiritual head, the gold refined in the fire or suffer the consequences.
Daniel 2:24 “Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces.” So I ask you…. What, or better yet, Who, is the stone made without hands?
- Isaiah 28:16 “Therefore thus saith the Lord God, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.”
- Colossians 2:11 “In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:”
The statue was a revelation for Nebuchadnezzar and a reality in the annuls of history. Moreover it should be a revelation to this generation. Do we see the mixing of iron and clay? Do we know our Bible well enough to call it out? Can we walk away from the establishment religions and move back to God?