2:1 The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem.
2 And it shall come to pass (H319 אַחֲרִית ‘achariyth. The future) in the last days (millennial), that the mountain [government] of the Lord’s (H3068 YHVH) house (H1004 family) shall be established in the top of the mountains [state government], and shall be exalted above the hills [local government]; and all nations (H1471 goyim, all of humanity) shall flow (have repentance) unto it.
Prophetic: this is a return to the garden, the Garden had a government from God…
- Exodus 18:16 “When they have a matter, they come unto me; and I judge between one and another, and I do make them know the statutes of God, and his laws.”
- Leviticus 24:22 “Ye shall have one manner of law, as well for the stranger, as for one of your own country: for I am the Lord your God.”
- Numbers 15:29 “Ye shall have one law for him that sinneth through ignorance, both for him that is born among the children of Israel, and for the stranger that sojourneth among them.”
H319 אַחֲרִית ‘achariyth is constructed of the letters tov, yod, resh, hey, and aleph. In the paleo Hebrew they would have been pictures of a cross, a man with uplifted arms, a head meaning first, an open door, and an oxen meaning to lead. Reading left to right in the Hebrew manner this would have told the reader “The leader will be revealed with his first work on the cross”. This is our future!
- Colossians 1:18 “And he [Yeshua] is the head of the body (assembly of people), the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.”
- Romans 15:4 “For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures* might have hope.”… *what modern Christians call the ‘old’ testament.
3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord (Jerusalem), to the house (temple) of the God of Jacob* (Israel)**; and he will teach us of his ways (H1870 דֶּרֶךְ derek (deh’-rek) n-m. a course of life or mode of action), and we will walk (carry out) in his paths (manner): for out of Zion shall go forth the law (Torah), and the word (royal edict) of the Lord (YHVH) from Jerusalem.
* עָקַב verb follow at the heel, make to follow, i.e. reward or punish, to be behind. These are a few of the many definitions for Jacob’s name that appear well before the “heel grabber” or ‘supplanted’ definitions. The idea of his name should grab our attention but not in the way we have been trained. Jacobs wasn’t trying to “trip up” or disrupt anyone with his leadership. Jacob was leading his own family and those willing to adhere to Gods instructions. There should not have been any power struggles as the “government” of God was in effect. It is far more likely that Jacob was trying so hard, in his own humanity, to stick as close to God, he tripped over himself constantly. After all, he was merely human.
There existed an ancient Hebrew blessing: “May the dust of the Priest cover you.” This was given to young men with the hopes that they too would one day be a ‘holy man’ of God. The two concepts bring us the depth of the name and the behavior God is seeking from His people. Making perfect sense when we discover the name ‘Israel’ and the why behind God changing his name. יִשְׂרָאֵל
**2507 proper name, masculine and of a people Israel (Ēl persisteth, persevereth) to be noble, upright. The full meaning: The upright people that God preserves.
Jerusalem was the epicenter of life for the Israelites as it held the civil and religious governments as well as an incredible marketplace. The New Jerusalem will surpass that of the old. To even say the last sentence was an understatement, is in fact itself a major understatement. Jesus will teach the Torah in its complete context and with complete character in the Millennial Kingdom.
4 And he shall judge (H8199 שָׁפַט shaphat (shaw-fat’) v. to govern) among the nations, and shall rebuke (correct) many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks (a return to the actions found in the garden): nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.
- Jeremiah 30:7-10 Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob’s trouble, but he shall be saved out of it. For it shall come to pass in that day, saith the Lord of hosts, that I will break his yoke from off thy neck, and will burst thy bonds, and strangers shall no more serve themselves of him: But they shall serve the Lord their God, and David their king, whom I will raise up unto them. Therefore fear thou not, O my servant Jacob, saith the Lord; neither be dismayed, O Israel: for, lo, I will save thee from afar, and thy seed from the land of their captivity; and Jacob shall return, and shall be in rest, and be quiet, and none shall make him afraid.
5 O house of Jacob (Israel), come ye, and let us walk in the light of the Lord.
- (Matthew 15:24 “But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”
- Hebrews 8:10 “For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws (G3551 νόμος nomos (no’-mos) n. the Torah) into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:”
- While Satan has a throttle hold on the things of this world currently, it is not going to last much longer. Satan tried to tempt Yeshua with the kingdoms of the world and He did not fall for it. Mankind on the other hand, not so, they have bought into the temporal power offer by Satan.
6 Therefore thou hast forsaken thy people the house of Jacob, because they be replenished (made full) from the east (land of the mysteries religions), and are soothsayers (magicians, to obscure) like the Philistines, and they please themselves in the children (fruit, produce) of strangers. (idolatry)
This is why judgement is coming. They are mixing pagan practices and false gods into the faith, bewitching the people to commit sins.
- Galatians 3:1 “O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?”
7 Their land also is full of silver (H3701 כֶּסֶף keceph (keh’-sef) n-m. money) and gold (H2091 זָהָב zahab (zaw-hawɓ’) n-m. (figuratively) golden, or a clear, sunny sky), neither is there any end of their treasures; their land is also full of horses (H5483 סוּס cuwc (soos) n-m. [from an unused root meaning to skip (properly, for joy)], neither is there any end of their chariots: (They seem to have everything it takes to make a person comfortable and happy in the flesh. They use lies and deceit to teach a false gospel solely for the purposes of GETTING PAID!)
8 Their land also is full of idols (H457 אֱלִיל ‘eliyl (el-eel’) adj. good for nothing.); they worship the work of their own hands, that which their own fingers have made:
9 And the mean man (one producing blood/death) boweth down, and the great man (champion, conqueror) humbleth (H8213 שָׁפֵל shaphel (shaw-fale’) v.to humiliate) himself (to idols): therefore forgive them not.
There are hundreds, if not thousands, of non-religious “celebrities” (and some religious) building their own kingdoms in defiance of God. All of these charlatans will be exposed for the frauds they really are, when Christ returns and His kingdom will reign.
10 Enter into the rock (cliff), and hide thee in the dust, for fear of the Lord, and for the glory of his majesty.
- Revelation 6:15-16 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; and said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:”
11 The lofty looks (pride) of man shall be humbled (humiliated), and the haughtiness (elevation, status) of men shall be bowed down (made low), and the Lord alone shall be exalted in that day.
12 For the day of the Lord of hosts shall be upon every one that is proud and lofty, and upon every one that is lifted up; and he shall be brought low:
- Romans 14:11 “For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.”
13 And upon all the cedars of Lebanon, that are high and lifted up, and upon all the oaks of Bashan, (these were the woods used to make the graven images and idols)
14 And upon all the high mountains (government/control people), and upon all the hills that are lifted up, (local gvt)
15 And upon every high tower, and upon every fenced wall, (security of men)
16 And upon all the ships of Tarshish (great wealth), and upon all pleasant pictures. (All of the well-known strongholds of men.
- Genesis 10:1-5 “Now these are the generations of the sons of Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth: and unto them were sons born after the flood. The sons of Japheth; Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras. And the sons of Gomer; Ashkenaz, and Riphath, and Togarmah. And the sons of Javan; Elishah, and Tarshish, Kittim, and Dodanim. By these were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands; every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations.”
- It is noted throughout history that portions of Japheth’s offspring were Nephilim and as such they would have been known for their strongholds. It was common for these tribes to name a city, or rename a conquered city after themselves.
17 And the loftiness of man shall be bowed down, and the haughtiness of men shall be made low: and the Lord alone shall be exalted in that day.
18 And the idols he shall utterly abolish.
- Exodus 22:20 “He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the Lord only, he shall be utterly destroyed.”
- Deuteronomy 12:1-3 “These are the statutes and judgments, which ye shall observe to do in the land, which the Lord God of thy fathers giveth thee to possess it, all the days that ye live upon the earth. Ye shall utterly destroy all the places, wherein the nations which ye shall possess served their gods, upon the high mountains, and upon the hills, and under every green tree: And ye shall overthrow their altars, and break their pillars, and burn their groves with fire; and ye shall hew down the graven images of their gods, and destroy the names of them out of that place.”
Let me ask you friend… can you see how badly it goes for humanity when we incorporate our own ideas and false religions into our lives?
Can you see that this has been the prevailing catalyst for Gods wrath all throughout history?
Can you see the warnings against such practices in the future?
19 And they shall go into the holes of the rocks, and into the caves of the earth, for fear of the Lord, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth.
- Revelation 6:16 “And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:”
- Matthew 24:29-30 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.”
20 In that day a man shall cast his idols of silver, and his idols of gold, which they made each one for himself to worship, to the moles and to the bats; (detestable animals)
21 To go into the clefts of the rocks, and into the tops of the ragged rocks, for fear of the Lord, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth.
22 Cease ye (stay away) from man, (temporal) whose breath (anger) is in his nostrils: (visible) for wherein is he to be accounted of (regard or judge his valuable)?
- 1 Corinthians 6:20 “For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.”
It is God who will decide the righteousness of mankind and His measuring stick will the Torah. Salvation by faith through grace and the righteousness of God are the keys to the Kingdom.