19 If ye be willing (H14 אָבָה ‘abah (aw-ɓaw’) v. to breathe after. going all-out) and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:
- Romans 10:16-17 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”
- Genesis 2:7 “And the Lord God formed man (הָֽאָדָ֗ם hā-’ā-ḏām) of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.”
In order to become a living creature, and more specifically a human living creature, mankind had to be injected with life. This life, or “chayyim”, was accomplished by means of God supernaturally breathing it into him. The Hebrew word used for breathed or breathing is “naphach” and it is the root of this word that is good for us to understand.
The essence is that breath, breathing, and being, as in a living being, are all something ethereal. Something outside of the physical act of copulation that has caused it. Something that comes from outside the physical, the 4 dimensional universe, in which we live, is actually the catalyst for this life. YHVH is the source of life; in fact the “life” or propagation of the creation is in YHVH; life is one of His attributes.
It is obvious that “life” is NOT exclusive to humans, however, the soul is a very different attribute connected to the physical “life”. Life was put into all of YHVH’s living creatures, by YHVH Himself, but the soul, that was given as an act of love within the divine will. Isaiah is saying to the people – STOP, take a breath, breathe in God, obey His Torah and the condition you find yourself in…sin… will no longer oppress you.
20 But if ye refuse and rebel (H4784 מָרָה marah (maw-raw’) v. to be bitter or unpleasant)., ye shall be devoured (consumed) with the sword:( H2719 חֶרֶב chereb (cheh’-reɓ) n-f. a cutting instrument from its destructive effect.) for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.
- Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
The more you fight against Gods design for mankind the more difficult life becomes and all the more are the trials and tribulations.
21 How is the faithful city become an harlot! (H2181 זָנָה zanah (zaw-naw’) v. to commit idolatry) it was full of judgment (H4941 מִשׁפָּט mishpat (mish-pawt’) n-m. a formal decree, a verdict, discretion.); righteousness lodged in it; but now murderers. (They were once full good citizens but now they are not.)
22 Thy silver (cost or price) is become dross (refuse, trashed), thy wine (doctrine) mixed with water*:
*H4325 מַיִם mayim = pey [scatter] yod [worship] mem [chaos]
23 Thy princes (heads of state- religious leaders) are rebellious (turning away), and companions of thieves (deceivers): every one loveth gifts, (payments) and followeth after rewards (bribes) they judge not the fatherless, neither doth the cause of the widow come unto them.
- Mark 7:8-13 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do. And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition. For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:11 But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free. And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother; Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.
24 Therefore saith the Lord (H113 controller, soveriegn [human]), the Lord (3068 YHVH) of hosts, the mighty One of Israel, Oh!, I will ease (H5162 avenge) me of mine adversaries (H6862 opponents), and avenge (H5358 punish) me of mine enemies: (H341 ‘oyeb (o-yaɓe’) subv. 1. hating. 2. an adversary.)
(Look closely at how the same word in English is used for different words in the Hebrew text.)
- Matthew 7:22-23 “Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.”
25 And I will turn (retreat, take off) my hand upon thee, and purely purge away thy dross (garbage, refuse), and take away all thy tin:( H913 בְּדִיל bdiyl (bed-eel’) n-m. alloy)
By definition an alloy a metal made by combining two or more metallic elements, especially to give greater strength or resistance. Here YHVH is using it to explain the condition of the people. They have mixed the commands of YHVH with the traditions and religious practices of the world. The people are strong in their resistance to YHVH.
- 1 Peter 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?”
26 And I will restore thy judges as at the first, and thy counsellors as at the beginning: afterward thou shalt be called, The city of righteousness, the faithful city.
27 Zion [parched place] shall be redeemed (H6299 פָּדָה padah (paw-daw’) v. to ransom at any price) with judgment (mishpat = a sentence of formal decree), and her converts with righteousness.
28 And the destruction of the transgressors and of the sinners shall be together, and they that forsake the Lord shall be consumed.
- Psalm 104:35 “Let the sinners be consumed out of the earth, and let the wicked be no more. Bless thou the Lord, O my soul. Praise ye the Lord.”
These verses here should be enough to quell any thoughts of a “rapture” of saints. We can see the complete demise of the sinner, which, would lead us to the truth of the righteous people remaining on the earth. A greater exodus for the righteous.
29 For they shall be ashamed of the oaks (specifically a chief (politically); also a ram (from his strength)) which ye have desired, (covet, take pleasure in) and ye shall be confounded for the gardens that ye have chosen.
The oaks and gardens were used in pagan fertility festivals, this is where the mass sexual encounters took place as they thought the gods could not see them under the cover of the foliage.
- Genesis 3:8 “And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden.”
- Deuteronomy 12:1-3 These are the statutes and judgments, which ye shall observe to do in the land, which the Lord God of thy fathers giveth thee to possess it, all the days that ye live upon the earth. Ye shall utterly destroy all the places, wherein the nations which ye shall possess served their gods, upon the high mountains, and upon the hills, and under every green tree: And ye shall overthrow their altars, and break their pillars, and burn their groves with fire; and ye shall hew down the graven images of their gods, and destroy the names of them out of that place.
30 For ye shall be as an oak whose leaf fadeth, and as a garden that hath no water. (no cleanliness properties)
- John 4:10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.
- Revelation 7:17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.
31 And the strong shall be as tow (H5296 נְעֹרֶת n`oreth (neh-o’-reth) n-f. something shaken out), and the maker (H6467 פֹּעַל po`al (po’-al) n-m. an act or work) of it as a spark, and they shall both burn together, and none shall quench them.
- Revelation 20:15 “And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.”