6 I marvel (wonder in shock) that ye are so soon removed (change sides) from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: (reverting back to the sacrifices, rituals and ceremonies of the Pagan and Pharisees belief systems.)
- 2 Timothy 3:8 “Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.”
- Jannes and Jambres are magicians mentioned in the Book of Exodus verses 7:10-12. It was their claim that they converted to Judaism and that they left Egypt at the Exodus. They are called the sons of Balaam, the unwitting non-Jewish prophet of Peor. It was said that during the end of their days they had necessary occult knowledge to confer magic and followed sun-god worship.
- Psalm 119:160 “Thy word [Torah] is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth forever.”
- Psalm 119:138 “Thy testimonies that thou hast commanded are righteous and very faithful.”
- Psalm 119:172 “My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteousness.”
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble (stir or agitate) you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
(The gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven)
- Ezekiel 36:26-27 “A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, [this is Torah] and do them.”
- There are three factions of belief in YHVH even at this early junction of church history. One group… the Judaizers required people to convert to Judaism (including the oral /man-made commands) and receive circumcision before recognizing them as “saved”. Group two were the pagans pulling people into the traditions and practices of polytheism. The final group is the people trying to leave these two previous factions to follow YHVH and the teachings of Yeshua/Jesus. This is Paul’s target audience. See Mark Ch.7:1-9
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven (doesn’t matter how special the person may be), preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. (Irrevocable vow of destruction)
9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
10 For do I now persuade (to have reliance in) men (Pharisaical law), or God? or do I seek to please (be agreeable) men? for if I yet pleased men [Pharisees], I should not be the servant (fully devoted) of Christ.
11 But I certify (make known) you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after (according to) man.
12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation (disclosure) of Jesus Christ.
13 For ye have heard of my conversation (behavior), in time past in the Jews’ religion (the strict adherence of the Pharisees, the Talmud and Halacha), how that beyond measure (to extremes) I persecuted (destroy) the church (people) of God, and wasted (fiercely ransacked) it:
- Roman Catholicism AND Rabbinic Judaism both suggest that Deuteronomy 30:12 “It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?” Gives the Rabbi/Pope the right to change, amend or otherwise dismiss the commands of YHWH.
- This stands in direct opposition the opening verse of the same chapter. Deuteronomy 30:1-3,8 “And it shall come to pass, when all these things are come upon thee, the blessing and the curse, which I have set before thee, and thou shalt call them to mind among all the nations, whither the Lord thy God hath driven thee, And shalt return unto the Lord thy God, and shalt obey his voice according to all that I command thee this day, thou and thy children, with all thine heart, and with all thy soul; That then the Lord thy God will turn thy captivity, and have compassion upon thee, and will return and gather thee from all the nations, whither the Lord thy God hath scattered thee. And thou shalt return and obey the voice of the Lord, and do all his commandments which I command thee this day.”
14 And profited (advanced) in the Jews’ religion (the strict adherence of the Pharisees, the Talmud and Halacha) above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.
- We have to parallel the fact that Paul was following Yeshua in refraining from the strict adherence of the Pharisees, the Talmud and Halacha.
- Acts 7:57-58 (KJV) “Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord, And cast him [Stephen] out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man’s feet, whose name was Saul.”
- Acts 8:1-3 “And Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judaea and Samaria, except the apostles. And devout men carried Stephen to his burial, and made great lamentation over him. As for Saul, he made havock of the church, entering into every house, and haling men and women committed them to prison.”
- Acts 9:1-2 “And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest, And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.”
- Mark 7:1-5 “Then came together unto him the Pharisees, and certain of the scribes, which came from Jerusalem. And when they saw some of his disciples eat bread with defiled, that is to say, with unwashen, hands, they found fault. For the Pharisees, and all the Jews, except they wash their hands oft, eat not, holding the tradition of the elders. And when they come from the market, except they wash, they eat not. And many other things there be, which they have received to hold, as the washing of cups, and pots, brasen vessels, and of tables. Then the Pharisees and scribes asked him, Why walk not thy disciples according to the tradition of the elders, but eat bread with unwashen hands?” Not a Torah command.)
15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb, and called me by his grace,
- Acts 9:15 “But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:” Jeremiah 1:5 “Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.”
16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen (pagan); immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: (He did not ask men’s opinion of what he should do, he had the Scriptures to affirm his call.)
17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me (To get advice from those preaching to the Jews for his call/sermon was to the Goyim or nations.); but I went into Arabia [Mt. Siani], and returned again unto Damascus.
18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.
- (This should gain attention, to the same time-frame as the disciples walking directly with Yeshua. As a personal opinion it would be the same amount of time needed to disciple people today to a point they truly understand the Torah writings.)