A covenant – an agreement between to parties. A promise.
- Hebrews 8:6 “But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.”
The Torah (law) – a commandment or instruction for living a righteous life. God’s will for mankind.
- Deuteronomy 4:2 “Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.”
- Matthew 5:17-19 “Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.”
- Malachi 3:6 “For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.”
- Matthew 15:24 “But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”
- Romans 3:31 “Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.”
Here is my conclusion to these facts. God made a promise to never flood the earth to Noah. A better promise God has made since the life of Jesus/Yeshua is that we shall conquer death in His name. This is the full concept of a “new” covenant.
The law (Torah, instructions) have never changed. YHWH didn’t have Yeshua/Jesus scratch out a new set of tablets. In fact, He had Him live them out in front of the people he loves. This is how a disciple is made.
Putting in plain terms… the Torah is “the Bible” or the Scriptures that Yeshua/Jesus commands us to teach, Paul tells us to memorize, and Timothy is told to “study to show himself approved “….