1 Timothy 4:10-13
10 For therefore we both labour (work hard) and suffer reproach (get defamed and derided), because we trust (expectantly wait) in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, specially of those that believe.
- John 1:1 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”
- Hebrews 1:1-3 “God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:”
11 These things command and teach.
12 Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation (behavior), in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity (motives/conduct).
13 Till I come, give attendance* to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.
*G4337 προσέχω prosecho (pros-e’-chō) v.to hold the mind towards, i.e. pay attention to, be cautious about, apply oneself to, adhere to.
Oh how we have fallen in this arena of life! The people will not devote themselves to the study of the word. Instead they sit on their butts literally in the seats of the church to be spoon fed whatever the clergy choose to give them.
- Jeremiah 4:22 “For my people is foolish, they have not known me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge.”
- 2 Timothy 2:15 “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”
- 1 Thessalonians 4:11-12 “And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you; That ye may walk honestly toward them that are without, and that ye may have lack of nothing.”
Leave a Reply