Curious about Romans 13:1-7
13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
- Daniel 4:17 “This matter is by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of the holy ones: to the intent that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the basest of men.”
- Colossians 3:22-24 “Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eye service, as men pleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God; And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.”
3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
- Psalm 89:21 “With whom my hand shall be established: mine arm also shall strengthen him.”)
4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
- God will establish leaders and place them into a position to carry out the plan of Earth that He has ordained for the climax of the end of days. We need to obey them as long as it does not break Torah.
- Isaiah 46:10 “Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure”
5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath (out of fear), but also for conscience sake. (Because it is right)
6 For for this cause pay ye tribute (taxes) also: for they are God’s ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.
7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute (taxes) to whom tribute is due; custom (debt) to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.
- Matthew 22:21 “They say unto him, Caesar’s. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s; and unto God the things that are God’s.”
My question is this… what about the well meaning church-goer that blows past you on the interstate? Is he/she following the word of God?