The 501-c3 churches of America are $$280 Billion in Debt…. why?
Acts 2:47 “Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.”
G1577 ἐκκλησία ekklesia (ek-klee-siy’-a) n.
1. (literally) a “calling out.” (see H4744 for usage in Israel).
2. (concretely, of Greece) an assembly of citizens (as called out by the town crier for a specific purpose).
3. (specifically, of Jesus) a called out assembly of the Redeemed of Jesus (Yeshua).
4. (of ancient continuity) a called out assembly (of the Redeemed Kinsmen of Yahweh— out of captivity; see Nehemiah 8:8, then Exodus 6:6, Exodus 15:13).
H4744 מִקרָא miqra’ (mik-raw’) n-m.
1. something called out, i.e. regarding citizens (the act of, the persons, or the place).
2. a calling forth (of the congregation) to assemble.
Not one of the 6 definitions say a word about a building or the need for one.