- G2532 καί kai (kai’) conj. also, even, (continuation of thought)
- G2298 θαυμαστός thaumastos (thav-ma-stos’) adj. wondered at.
- G1063 γάρ gar (ğar’) conj. (properly) assigning a reason.
- G4567 Σατανᾶς Satanas (sa-ta-nas’) n/p. the Adversary-Accuser.
- G32 ἄγγελος aggelos (an’-ğe-los) n. a messenger.
- G5457 φῶς phos (fōs’) n. luminousness. rooted in G5316 φαίνω phaino (fai’-nō) v. make apparent and G5346 φημί phemi (fee-miy) v. to disclose or reveal one’s thoughts
The key word her is transformed: G3345 μετασχηματίζω metaschematizo (me-ta-schee-ma-tiy’-zō) v. to transfigure or disguise. This is rooted in the following words.
G3326 μετά meta (me-ta’) prep.
1. (properly) with (denoting accompaniment).
2. among, “amid” (local or causal).
G4976 σχῆμα schema (schee’-ma) n.
1. external condition.
2. to hold (such as possession, ability, continuity, relation, or condition).
Paul is addressing the false prophet in this section of Scripture. This verse specifically teaches the body of believers as to the depth of power Satan possesses. Assembling the phrase from the Greek is next.
“Even now do not be astonished, because Satan has taken hold the condition or state of being of the messenger. He wants you to possess the same state of mind he holds.”
The false prophets here were acting as preachers to gain wealth. They knew that Paul was being supplied food, funds and supplies to aid his journey. The false prophets saw this as an opportunity to capitalize on the generosity of the church. These shysters took the assets intended for kingdom work to pad their own wallets.
Today we see these same shysters, led by Satan, in the modern church. They spew lies about the intended message of the scriptures to spread a feel good gospel. They espouse this watered down gospel to free up the purse strings of the attendees.
Paul knew of this problem 2000 years ago because he had personally witnessed it in the Pharisees. The question at hand, can you see it? Is your understanding of scripture strong enough to hear the lies of the serpent? Satan has attached himself to many false prophets. I won’t name names here, but, there are many!
Leave a Reply