7 But they also have erred H7686 through wine H3196, and through strong drink H7941 are out of the way H8582; the priest and the prophet have erred H7686 through strong drink H7941, they are swallowed up H1104 of wine H3196, they are out of the way H8582 through strong drink H7941; they err H7686 in vision H7203, they stumble H6328 in judgment H6417.
8 For all tables H7979 are full of vomit H6892 and filthiness H6675, so that there is no place clean.
9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand H995 doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk , and drawn from the breasts.
H7686 שָׁגָה shagah (shaw-gaw’) v.
- to stray.
- (causatively) to mislead.
- (usually, figuratively) to mistake.
- (especially, morally) to transgress.
H3196 יַיִן yayin (yah’-yin) n-m. banqueting or feasting
H7941 שֵׁכָר shekar (shay-kawr’) n-m. to be influenced
H8582 תָּעָה ta`ah (taw-aw’) v. to reel or stray from
H1104 בָּלַע bala` (baw-lah’) v. destroyed
H7203 רֹאֶה ro’eh (ro-eh’) n-m. seer, in seeing
H6328 פּוּק puwq (pook) v. waiver, unstable
H6328 פּוּק puwq (pook) v. judging righteousness
H7979 שֻׁלחָן shulchan (shool-chawn’) n-m. meals, being fed
H6892 קֵא qe’ (kay) n-m. bring up, unfit food
H6675 צוֹאָה tsow’ah (tso-aw’) n-f. excrement.
H995 בִּין biyn (bene) v. to separate mentally (or distinguish)
Now let’s read this with the defined words in place:
But they also have mislead and made to transgress through their doctrine, and through their influence and are reeling; the priest and the prophet (preachers) have mislead through their influence, they are destroyed by their doctrine, they are reeling through their influence; they are mistaken in vision (the future), they unstable in judgment.
8 For all tables (places of the meal, or teaching) are full of vomit (unfit food) and excrement, so that there is no place clean. (fit for the Word of YHVH)
9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he give to distinguish doctrine? (sound teaching) them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.
- 1 Corinthians 3:2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
The question for the “church” of today is this: Are you feasting at the table of YHVH or the table of men?
When we feast at YHVH’s table we find the meat of the scripture andf the truth of his righteousness.
- Hebrews 5:12-14 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.