Matthew 6:9-10 “After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.”
Leviticus (Correlating the 5 physical sacrifices to the 5 spiritual sacrifices.)
1 And the Lord called unto Moses, and spake unto him out of the tabernacle of the congregation, saying,
2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, If any man of you bring* an offering unto the Lord, ye shall bring your offering of the cattle, even of the herd, and of the flock.
*Bring = to approach [causatively, to bring near] Offering = H7133 קָרְבָּן qorban (kor-bawn’) n-m. something brought near the altar.
- 1 Peter 2:4-5 “To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious, Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.”
- Romans 8:29 “For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.”
3 If his offering be a burnt (ascending) sacrifice of the herd (Korban Olah), let him offer a male without blemish: he shall offer it of his own voluntary will at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation before the Lord.
Our spiritual ‘Korban Olah’ addresses and atones for our previous rebellion towards YHWH by surrendering control to Him and submitting to His will. The knowledge of good and evil created disagreements between men and YHWH about ‘right’ and ‘wrong’, ‘fair’ and ‘unfair’, ‘moral’ and ‘immoral’ because man, from his limited perspective, began to imagine that he was wiser than YHWH. See Job 38!
4 And he shall put his hand upon the head of the burnt offering; and it shall be accepted for him to make atonement for him.
5 And he shall kill the bullock before the Lord: and the priests, Aaron’s sons, shall bring the blood, and sprinkle the blood round about upon the altar that is by the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.
6 And he shall flay the burnt offering, and cut it into his pieces.
7 And the sons of Aaron the priest shall put fire upon the altar, and lay the wood in order upon the fire:
8 And the priests, Aaron’s sons, shall lay the parts, the head, and the fat, in order upon the wood that is on the fire which is upon the altar:
9 But his inwards and his legs shall he wash in water: and the priest shall burn all on the altar, to be a burnt sacrifice, an offering made by fire, of a sweet savour (fragrance) unto the Lord.
- James 4:7-8 “Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
We are to offer ourselves entirely and voluntarily surrendering our human will; after being born of a flawed perception and understanding of YHWH’s divine will. Without such a surrender, our lives cannot be fully recreated in His image. We allow ourselves, under partial surrender, to be deceived that we know the fullness of YHWH because we hear his call, yet we are partial in doing His will.
- 1 John 1:10 “If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.”
- 1 John 3:4-5 “Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.”
- 1 Corinthians 11:1 “Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ.”
- Romans 12:1-2 “I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”
- 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 “What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.”
- Luke 14:33 “So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.” … What are we hanging on to?
- Joshua 22:5 “But take diligent heed to do the commandment and the law, which Moses the servant of the Lord charged you, to love the Lord your God, and to walk in all his ways, and to keep his commandments, and to cleave unto him, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul.”
- Matthew 6:9-10 “After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.”)
Hallowing YHWH’s name is recognizing His power and supremacy, placing Him in dominion of your life. It is the total surrender of your own will. The will that is done in heaven, and which we desire for Earth, is YHWH’s perfect will contained in the Torah as it was given to Adam, Seth, Noah, Abraham and eventually to Moses!
10 And if his offering be of the flocks, namely, of the sheep, or of the goats, for a burnt sacrifice; he shall bring it a male without blemish.
11 And he shall kill it on the side of the altar northward before the Lord: and the priests, Aaron’s sons, shall sprinkle his blood round about upon the altar.
12 And he shall cut it into his pieces, with his head and his fat: and the priest shall lay them in order on the wood that is on the fire which is upon the altar:
13 But he shall wash the inwards and the legs with water: and the priest shall bring it all, and burn it upon the altar: it is a burnt sacrifice, an offering made by fire, of a sweet savour unto the Lord.
14 And if the burnt sacrifice for his offering to the Lord be of fowls, then he shall bring his offering of turtledoves, or of young pigeons.
15 And the priest shall bring it unto the altar, and wring off his head, and burn it on the altar; and the blood thereof shall be wrung out at the side of the altar:
16 And he shall pluck away his crop with his feathers, and cast it beside the altar on the east part, by the place of the ashes:
17 And he shall cleave it with the wings thereof, but shall not divide it asunder: and the priest shall burn it upon the altar, upon the wood that is upon the fire: it is a burnt sacrifice, an offering made by fire, of a sweet savour (fragrance) unto the Lord.
- 2 Corinthians 2:14-15 “Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour (fragrance) of his knowledge by us in every place. For we are unto God a sweet savour (fragrance) of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:”
- Mark 9:49 “For every one shall be salted with fire, and every sacrifice shall be salted with salt.”
Once we are submissive to YHWH he salts us with fire, we become the sweet fragrance and it is only then that we are capable of continuing on in His will. Again it is the Torah that is the center of His will. When Yeshua has His millennial reign, Matthew 6:10 being fulfilled; “Your will on Earth, as it is in Heaven”